Hodson Bay Hotel
The Hodson Bay Hotel, Conference Centre and Spa is situated on the tranquil shores of Lough Ree, the picturesque views of the lake and Athlone Golf Course can be enjoyed from the array of bedrooms in Hodson Bay and also in Hodson Retreat. Hodson Bay Hotel is located just 5km from Athlone Town Centre on the N61 Roscommon Road.
Hodson Bay Hotel is located just 5km from Athlone Town Centre on the N61 Roscommon Road.
The Hodson Bay Hotel, Roscommon Road, Athlone
Eircode: N37 XR82
Tel: +353 (0) 90 6442004
SFI Science Summit family-friendly policy
- Family rooms with cots are available to researchers to book and should be requested on registration.
- Babysitting facilities are available through the hotel directly. Guests can book a babysitter through the hotel’s Reservations Department. It is €10 per hour and a minimum of two hours. Guests to pay sitter cash direct.
- A tiny tots room is available for families with babies and nursing mothers, which is accessed only by keypad and is only available to SFI Summit guests from 7 to 8 November.
- The ladies and gents toilets adjacent to the tiny tots room both have pull-down changing tables available.
- Multiple wheelchair accessible bathrooms are available in the hotel.
- The main door of the hotel is self-activating.
- There are no steps on the ground floor of the hotel / in any communal areas, only a slight incline in one section of the hotel leading to bedrooms.
- Accommodation – wheelchair accessible rooms are available and should be requested on registration.
Science Foundation Ireland is endeavoring to make the SFI Science Summit 2019 as low carbon and sustainable an event as possible. Attendees are encouraged to car pool with colleagues where possible to reduce the number of cars travelling to the event.